Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Responsibility As a Parent




What an awesome responsibility God has given to parents. Kara was pulling wipe after wipe out of the wipe box a bit ago, and she looked up at me when I spotted her, and you could tell she knew she was caught. It made me pause and think that even at such an early age, kids begin to realize basic right from wrong and that God has given parents the responsibility of shaping the direction that their kids are growing. It may seem as if I am just trying to make it through the day to day, but ultimately, there is a bigger picture. I need to and do realize that each little decision I make and each action I take is shaping C, E, and K! Wow! I don't take that lightly and will strive to teach them God's wisdom and His Word.




1 comment:

  1. Right on....it is wonderful that you realize that while they are little and you can shape them and teach them. So many parents do not realize that until the kids are grown and gone.

    ReplyDelete