Monday, March 30, 2009

Egg hunt and pictures at the Arboretum

We went to the Dallas Arboretum today to take pictures and to do our annual playgroup Easter egg hunt. It was a great day to take pics because it was clouded over, although a little cooler than we thought it would be, due to the wind. We sure had fun though.



We took our lunches and had a picnic on the lawn.

Then, we had our Playgroup Easter Egg Hunt. This was my three kids first egg hunt of the year. Even K found some eggs. And was enthralled with the two she found. She just sat and played with them. She eventually got a piece of chocolate candy out of one egg and began to eat it, wrapper and all! Mommy quickly got it from her, but not before she got a taste.


C and E found too many. You got to find and take home the same amount you brought. They had to count their eggs and put some back so that everyone could have their share.



We also snapped some group shots of our playgroup. We started out with just four, but have grown and grown as friends and siblings have been added!



Then, we visited some of the storybook houses they have spread throughout the Arboretum. C was a bit disappointed because he thought he would get to hear a story at each one. I had to explain they are houses built to look like those from stories. Such as the ship from Treasure Island. C and E both enjoyed going in and out of the different houses. We didn't visit them all, but will have to return another time.




We had a fun day!

I also snapped some pics of K clapping! This is the first time that I have seen her do this! We were eating lunch and I noticed her doing it. Of course, I grabbed my camera and coaxed her to clap again and again!






One other thing, another top tooth has also poked through for K! I'm glad it is finally through.
I know that I put a ton of pictures on here, but I took even more! I am uploading the rest of the pics that I took to Picasa and have changed the slideshow to them. Enjoy!

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day to be outside. Glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! We are going to have to go up there and see the houses if they are still up.

    We are headed to take spring pictures in the Blue Bonnets tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete