Monday, March 9, 2009

Interesting Day

We have had an interesting day so far. We spent the morning just doing a few chores around the house and the kids playing in the backyard. Then, we had playgroup at Sonic at noon. The kids had a blast playing outdoors and I wanted to let them get some outside time before all of the rain starts. I snapped a few pics of them playing at Sonic.



Then, around 2:00 p.m. , my husband calls me and tells me that our house alarm is going off. I answered, "I'm not at home, what do I need to do?" He said that he'd call our alarm company back and have them notify the police. So, I leave to go home, so that I can let them in. I beat them to the house. So, I wait outside, in the van. The policeman gets here and has me unlock the front door and then return to the van after I pointed out to him that the back door into the yard is open. He calls for back up and waits in the doorway until the other officer arrives. Of course, I have a feeling I know what has happened now. They come out and tell me there is noone in the house and everything looks fine.

Our back door can be very hard to shut. You have to lock it to make sure you get it fully shut. I remember having Connor shut the door after they came in from outside, but I forgot to check it when we were leaving. I think he just didn't get it fully shut and when the wind started blowing, the back door came open and set our alarm off.

So, we got a visit from some of our finest! I'll be checking that door everytime we leave now!

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. We once had a grasshopper, yes a grasshopper, set off our motion dectector by walking across it, at 2 am no less. That got the blood flowing let me tell you!

    Glad everything was ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, kinda scary actually. But glad it was just the back door and nothing more serious.

    ReplyDelete