Thursday, March 19, 2009

Playing together

Yesterday I snapped a pic of C and K playing chase! They were! C was on his knees crawling and K was going after him just as fast ashe could. I finally told him to let her catch him so that she wouldn't get too frustrated and she tackled him! It was so cute to watch. I love watching C and E interact with K! And her with them, too.



Then, later that afternoon, K figured out that the kitchen cabinets open. She opened and shut them a while and then began to pull out a few things. She was so proud of herself. I had to put a halt to it and tell her no, but I let her explore a little first!




Last night at church we had quite a scare with C and a friend who came to church with us. After church we were all standing around talking and I was keeping an eye on the kids. All of a sudden I realized that C and his friend were no longer playing nearby. We had everyone there looking for them. Outside, upstairs, classrooms, bathrooms, everywhere. Noone was finding them. My heart was racing so fast. Finally, they found them in the bathroom, where they were just using the restroom. When asked if they heard Grandma J calling to them (she had checked the bathroom), they said, "Yes, they answered her once." I'm not sure if they were hiding, not wanting to answer, or what, but they sure gave us a scare! We had a talking to about ALWAYS telling someone where they are going! I'm just glad they were both OK.
We have been putting up toys that K has outgrown and pulling down ones she is ready for. The pic below is one of the "new" toys she has. She has been walking around it and just looking at the lights all morning. K is also starting to stand for a few seconds at a time by herself. She will let go and just stand there and then slowly lower herself to the floor! She is growing so fast!



I had to put up the gate that blocks K from going up the stairs a bit ago. She wanted to follow C and E up and was so mad when she found the gate blocking her way!

I have been doing laundry all day. Trying to catch up from our trip and some that was waiting for me. I pulled out a load a bit ago and four or five pieces of clothing has bright orange 'something' on them. I have no idea what it is. It could be crayon, but it looks like bright orange paint. There are no remnants of anything in the dryer. I guess I'll be trying some Zout to get it out! Hopefully that works.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment