Saturday, May 2, 2009

Shopping and Storms

Well, today started off rather calm, but ended with rain, storms, and strong winds. My parents are down this weekend from Arkansas and we went to Canton this weekend. I started my Christmas shopping! (I know it's early, but I have gotten a jump start this year!)

We had fun going up and down through the buildings with lots and lots of crafts and creations in them. We made it through four building and had lunch. I even got to enjoy a turkey leg! Yum, yum!

We left Canton around 2:30 and almost got home before the rain hit. Then we got take-out from Razzoo's and while we were enjoying it around our kitchen table, while a storm was raging outside -- hail, rain, winds -- our tree in our front yard blew over! It is a huge bradford pear tree and is standing no more! We couldn't even get out our front door and had to go out through the garage to go and see the damage done. Thankfully it missed the two cars parked out front and only clipped the edge of the gutter -- not damaging our roof! Here is a pic I snapped of the downed tree before my dad and my husband started clearing up the mess.




Our house will sure look different from the front without that tree there!

I hope everyone else faired well in the storms and suffered little or no damage!

Here are a few other pics I took over the last several days-- if you didn't notice, it's been several days since I blogged. On Thursday afternoon, I stopped by a garage sale and picked up lots of clothes, shoes, and a few toys for K. They had most of the clothes between .25 to .50 cents each. And they were nice clothes! That is my kind of a garage sale!

I bought a ride-on toy for (in the pic below) for K and she loves it! It is the perfect height for her to climb on and off of. She gets on and off, on and off and it plays music too that she likes to push over and over.


Here is some other pics of C and E up high on daddy's shoulders.




Have a blessed day!

1 comment: