Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Start Of A New Week

I love Sunday! It is a day set aside to rejuvenate and give you a start to a brand new week. Worship time at church is so important to me. Sometimes when I get to church I may not feel like worshipping. Rushing to make it on time, having a headache, or whatever the case may be, I may just not feel like being there. But, I often remember something a youth leader said at a retreat I went too-- She said, "Sometimes you just have to make yourself worship. Even if you don't feel like raising up your hand-- just do it anyway." That often comes back to me now when I am sitting in church--I find that if I will just lift up my hand that God will take care of the rest.
The peace that I get during worship gives me the push that I sometimes need to get through the week--hopefully, with a Christ-like attitude.

1 comment: