Saturday, October 24, 2009

Girls Day Out

Ahhh....What a day! My husband and son are on a camping trip this weekend, so today, E and I had a pampering day. K was with us some of the day, as well, before she went to spend some time with Grandpa and Grandma J. E requested to get her hair cut "like mommys" at Sweet and Sassy (a store that pampers girls with up-dos, hair cuts, manis and pedis and much more!). So, that is where we started our day.

Here is E sitting in the chair waiting to get her hair cut. She also got her hair washed, but was very hesitant about it as she had to lean back so far. Then, the hair began to land on the floor.

The lady cutting E's hair.
K had to have her turn in the styling chair, too! (No hair cut off, though!)

Here is E's new do!

Next, E got a mini-mani. She got lotion massaged on her arms, her nails filed and painted! Of course, she chose purple polish, after all, it is her favorite color!


After the hair cut and manicure, K went with Grandma J to their house. E and I went in search of some good food! We ended up at Pei Wei. One of my favorites, but I was surprised she picked it. (And there was no encouragement on my part!) You can tell she is her daddy's daughter-- she was using those chop sticks like a pro. At her request we set up where they cook, in the bar stools. She wanted to set up high, because she is a big girl!



Next, we did a little more shopping. We went in several different stores at Firewheel.
Then it was time to head to the movies! E has been in an IMAX theatre before, but this her first real movie experience. We saw Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. My kiddos love this book and I have been reading it to E a lot lately. She was a little iffy about the theater. It was a little dark for her, too loud (she sure did wish they would turn it down. Could I please ask them to?), and she asked to leave several time. However, every time I was ready to leave with her, and I asked her if she was sure, she changed her mind. We ended up staying through the whole movie and she said she really enjoyed it!
I didn't get a very good picture, but after snapping the fourth one in the mostly dark theater, I decided that what I got would have to do, as I am sure the people around us did not appreciate the bright flashes!

Next, we did a little more shopping, went and picked up K, a quick stop at SAM's Club, and then on to dinner. E's choice was to have ice cream for dinner. So, we ended up at Braum's. First we ate chicken, chili, and hamburgers, then moved on to the icecream. (Yes, I had some, too. And the chocolate chip cookie dough with peanut butter fudge on top and a waffle cone on the side, was delicious-- not on my list of foods I should be eating, but delicious!) E had chocolate, as you can probably tell.


K doesn't care that much for ice cream, but loved eating the ice from my glass of water!



Here is a pick of K in E's pink dress-up hat. She loves prancing around in it!


Well, I guess that is it. The girls are both in bed and when I finish this blog and then one more on the guys camping trip, I will head that way myself.
Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a good mommy! Icecream for dinner! Her hair looks very cute. Can't wait to see the back. I have been promising Keira for ages that I would take her to get hers cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great girlie day!!! The mini spa sounds great and what a great ice cream choice...my fav!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so cute, and grown up =( But it does look like the girls had fun bonding time too.

    ReplyDelete